Monday, July 12, 2010

Kelly Cup Championship!

It has been a little over a month since the Cincinnati Cyclones captured the 2009-2010 Kelly Cup Championship, and I still can't believe it! When we slipped to the 5th seed, and had to play South Carolina I had my doubts. I knew we could beat them, but in a short series it was too close to call. After SC was dealt with I thought our talent was better than Charlotte's but was concerned that their size and toughness would break us down! Boy am I am glad to ever be wrong! The Cyclones picked up their game, and was able to play the hard hitting game! Once this series was over I truly believed that Reading would be a cake walk. Once we fell into a 3-0 I thought well that was a great run, and I hope Reading will be bring the Cup home to the east. Then the Cyclones won a game, then they won another to make it 3-2. Reading was coming unglued. I then told the wife the Cyclones were going to fool around and win the series. She was thinking the same thing. After the dramatic series with Reading there was not a shawdow of doubt in my mind that the Cincinnati Cyclones would not defeat the Idaho Steelheads. After stealing two games in Boise I knew we would be champions. Being at USBA on Friday May 21,2010 is one of the greatest days of my Cyclones fan career. I never imagined I would witness my favorite team win another championship let alone it be the Cyclones. I still can't believe it when I watch YouTube videos of it or look at pictures I took. The 2010 championship is one that just makes me excited to be a hockey fan everytime I reflect on it. All I have to say is congratualations to the Cyclones, Coach Weber, and this is unfreaking believeble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home