Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Orange Bowl, and other thoughts.

I was unable to attend the Orange Bowl due to my very busy work schedule. When you work at a 7 day a week 24 hour operation, and have minimum staffing requirements it is sometimes very hard to get days off at a moments notice. Anyways I watched in horror as my Cincinnati Bearcats were out played in every aspect of the game. I give credit to the Virginia Tech staff, and players for a game well played. Being a life long Bearcat football fan I was so excited that they were playing on the national stage. I truly believed they would rise to the occassion not just one burst of excitement, but keep it up for the whole 60 minutes. Oh well they got there, and now have a very good foundation to build on for years to come.
Some of the play calling was quetionable to me, but hindsight is 20/20. I am very proud of what this group of players were able to accomplish, they have raised the bar for Cincinnati football.

I attended the Cincinnati Cyclones vs Wheeling Nailers game last night. It was a decent game with goofy officiating. That ref was terrible last night calling stupid penalties on both teams. Wheeling deserved to win though. The Nailers look really good. They had players that would fight for loose pucks, and not give up. Hopefully this weekend against the Trenton Devils our Cyclones will beat them silly in front of some large crowds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home