Sunday, November 14, 2010

3 different leagues in a month

This hockey season I have been presented with a unique opportunity. I am able to see three different hockey leagues at three different levels within thirty minutes of my house. I guess you can say I live in hockey utopia.
We will start with the best league in the area. The ECHL, and the Cincinnati Cyclones. The Cyclones as we all know are the defending Kelly Cup Champions. The play for the Cyclones this year has been incomplete so far. The pieces finally started to fall in place against Toledo Wednesday night. The passes were more crisp, and puck moved at a quicker rate. It continued last night, and I believe the Cyclones are finally hitting their stride.
Moving 34 miles to the north from my house you will find the CHL and the Dayton Gems. The Gems play in Hara Arena which is a wonderful arena for this level of hockey. The fans are right on top of the action, and their is not a bad seat in the house. The Gems are a lot faster, and bigger than they were last year. The team is in 2nd place in the Turner Conference, and look to build on their early success. If you are a hockey fan, and live in the area you need to take in a game at Hara Arena, and watch the Gems.
Now heading to Sports Plus which is the closest of the three teams to my house you will find the AAHL , and the Queen City Storm. I went to the game Thursday night against the Troy Bruins not knowing what to expect. I was very impressed by the play of both teams, and speed. The Queen City Storm have a new fan, and I will be attending a few more game this season.
Of all the leagues I have seen the ECHL is the best, but there are players in each of the other leagues who could play in the ECHL. The great thing about having three hockey teams so close is that no matter what arena I attend the goal is the same for the players. Play hard, play fast, and try to move up to the next level.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home